I just looked back and I have not posted a “personal” blog since APRIL!! Wow. Trust me, I’ve thought about lots of posts and I have lots of things to update, I just haven’t had time (ok, or felt like blogging).
Instead of boring you with long stories, I’ll try to give you a BRIEF overview of all the exciting things that have gone on in my life since April!
– I did my first 5.5 mile run with Fusion Fitness to celebrate their 5th Birthday. We started at their OP Location with a 30min class, then ran (5.5 miles) to their Leawood location (stopping a few times for short workouts) and did another 30min class.
- Since I couldn’t spend Mother’s Day with my own mom, I walked the Mother’s Day 5k with Jen & Harper then went to see Jillian Michael’s – talk about inspiring!
- I finally left the world of PCs and joined the MAC world. No, I am not 100% certain that was the right decision, but we (my computer & I) are SLOWLY becoming friends.
- I found an electrician I trust and now my house is SAFE!! That means no more “mood lighting” when I run multiple things at the same time. (this is a big deal)
- I ended May with a visit to Madison to celebrate my cousin Janna’s Bachelorette party (we stayed at an amazing spa – Sundara, you must go if you are in the Dells) and spent some time with my Granny.
- June was a busy month for Real Estate. In addition to finding first time home buyers a new home, I got a contract on a condo I’d had listed for THREE years! woohoo!
- I participated in the Dirty Girl. Yes, you read that correctly, I, Jodi Danziger participated in a race that got me MUDDY!! I survived, though they almost had to push me in at the beginning.
- July started off with a trip to New Jersey (and the Jersey Shore) over 4th of July to celebrate my cousin Crescent’s bachelorette party! Sand, Sun & Fun with my Cousins (and their friends) – need I say more!
- I celebrated my birthday with some friends trying something new – Aerial Fitness! Talk about a blast! We all had a great time hanging from ribbons!
- I went to my first Sporting Kansas City Soccer game with Addi – what fun!
- I was able to relive my youth (and my first concert!!) at the Boyz II Men, New Kids on the Block & 98 degrees concert.
- We (mom, dad, Jer & I) BOUGHT A LIMO COMPANY!!!! Who would have ever thought those words would have come out of my mouth! But I am not now one of the proud owners of Presidential Limousines in St Louis! I will be doing all of the marketing & social media from Kansas City. Of course I had to make a trip to St Louis to see my new vehicles (all 7 – now 8) of them!
- The same week we bought the limo company, I also changed Real Estate offices. I am still with Re/Max just in a different location!
- I ended August with a trip to NYC with my brother (before my cousins wedding). We went to see The Today Show taped live (Chris Brown performed) and we got to see WICKED on Broadway!! In addition to shopping, eating & a run through Central Park.
- WEDDING MONTH!!!!
- After our stop in NYC, Jer & I met the rest of the family in New Jersey to celebrate my beautiful cousin Crescent’s wedding! She looked BEAUTIFUL and we had a great time!
- September 15 I ran the Plaza 10k. My first & longest run to date! I was so thankful to have my best friend Cassy running alongside me, pacing my run & keeping me motivated. I was also lucky enough to have my friends Jen & Mel at the finish line cheering me on! Despite the pain I felt that evening, I am still VERY proud of this accomplishment. (If you remember, I ran my first 5k this year and just last year could barely run 1 mile. I do think that 10k is my body’s limit!)
- My second wedding of September was my friend Darcy! She got married at Lake Quivera which was an amazing view & the bride was equally as stunning!
- I ended September with a trip back to Madison for my cousin Janna’s wedding. I know I said it for the others, but she too was a beautiful bride! There is something about a girl in a wedding dress, marrying the man of their dreams that just makes them glow! Janna was no different!
- October was my catch up month! I didn’t do anything AS exciting as the rest of the year, but I was still busy with Real Estate, Law Assistant work & of course the new Limo Business.
- The girls (pups) did get a new best friend – Tillie Mae & she & her brother Odie spent a week with us while their parents were out of town.
- One of my favorite little girls – Harper turned ONE!
- November has started off GREAT!! I took Addi to her FIRST KU Basketball game. She had a blast. As we walked into Allen Field House, she looked around and said “this is the best birthday gift ever.” Worth EVERY penny.
- I saw PINK in concert!!!!!! If you have the chance, go see her! Amazing!
So that’s what’s been going on. This was a bit longer than I thought, but I have had an AMAZING 2013, full of fun, friends & adventure. I’m so thankful for all that I have been able to do this year!!